Saturday, June 8, 2013

hello from Honduras

I'm really excited to finally have the chance to update you for the first time since arriving in Honduras with my team about a week ago! I'm sure you've been on the edge of your seat waiting. ;)

Training at Toccoa Falls went really well. I bonded with my team whom I love like crazy now. It's hard to believe that I've been with my team for a week. It feels like we've been together forever. I was able to gain more insight on my relationship with God and work on the areas I was struggling with. I now feel like I can better discern God's voice in my heart.

Before arriving in Honduras, I was struggling with my expectations for the summer. I was afraid that after being in Honduras before and loving and missing it so much, that I would not feel the same love as I have been hoping and expecting for when I finally return.

I arrived in the Tegucigalpa airport still a little hesitant. I rolled my suitcases through the the main greeting lobby and before me stood a young Honduran boy, named Hectór, in a cast, holding a sign that said "Welcome to Honduras Maria". In that moment, I fell in love all over again.

God had completely blown my expectations out of the water. If you are walking in the will of God, He will ALWAYS far surpass any expectations you could ever have or dream. I am so thankful to serve such a faithful and giving God!

I will briefly mention some of the ministries we'll be doing this summer off of the Zion's Gate property and give more details once we've started!

Come Monday, we will be going down to the nearby private Christian school and we will teach English to sixth graders for five days a week. Each member of my team will be paired up with two students to teach and pour into over the next two months.

We will also be going to the streets of La Kennedy and Los Pinos to hang out and build relationships with kids involved in drugs such as weed, crack, and sniffing paint thinner.

Along with doing these ministries on a consistent basis, we will also travel and do some short-term ministries and have a little recreational time.

Thank you so much for all your prayers. I feel so blessed and know without a doubt that I am supposed to be here. God has instilled in me so much peace.

I hope to update you again soon!

con amor,
Maria

1 comment:

  1. Great picture - I love it. Praying for each of you every day!

    ReplyDelete