Saturday, June 15, 2013

warriors for Christ

Earlier this week I was woken up in the middle of the night by a spiritual encounter from the enemy. I was able to hear and feel its presence. My instincts prompted me to pray immediately and within moments of communicating with God, it was gone. I knew that there was nothing to fear because Satan cannot touch us. And when he knows that we know that, he is left weak and defenseless (praise the Lord). I continued to pray until I felt the peace of God`s protection over my team, the property, Tony, and all of the kids and adults on site. It was only then that I was able to rest again.

God was able to take this incident and bring to my attention the prevalence of spiritual warfare here, in Honduras, and how to address it. Satan has taken advantage of a suffering and impoverished nation. He has gained footholds that seem almost impossible to break; to the point of increasing hopelessness among the nation`s people. This place is in need of the kind of hope that is only found in Jesus Christ.

That`s where we, as the body of Christ, come in. We are the messengers of God`s hope. It is through people like you and I that these footholds can be weakened and broken.

It says in scripture that the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. God has been reminding me of how important my and my team`s work here is this summer. We are being used to reap His harvest and to combat against Satan`s attacks.

The day after my spiritual encounter, I gathered my team together and shared with them how prevalent spiritual warfare is and that we, as a team, need to keep strong and united in order to defend and protect the work that God has, is, and will do. We are warriors for Christ and any division among His people gives the enemy an upper hand.

I read to my team the passage of scripture from Romans 12:9-21. It basically tells what love is and how to show it to one another. I felt that this passage would serve as a good reminder and help keep any divisions from happening between any group or individual on the team.

That same night we, as a team, covered each other, the building and the property in prayer. We walked around and poured out prayer and scripture over the building we reside in and over each person`s tent. At the end of the night, God`s protection and love was so tangible. There was so much peace in our place.

God is doing great things in our team and the people we are coming in contact with this summer. It`s amazing to see God`s hand constantly at work among His people. There is so much good to come and nothing or no one will interfere as long as we are faithful to Him and His will.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

Continue to keep us in your prayers. We treasure every ounce of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment